Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
Privacy of your personal information
Storepro provides solutions for storage and materials handling needs through direct contact with end user customers.
We respect your right to privacy and understand the need to protect your personal information. We adhere to the the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) as amended and other relevant codes and requirements relating to the privacy of your personal information.
Information we obtain
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- apply to become a registered user of our website;
- make a product or service enquiry;
- subscribe to one of our mailing lists;
- make a product complaint or warranty enquiry;
- complete an application or enter into an agreement;
- correspond with us, including by email or letter;
- call our Customer Service line; or
- enter into a promotion or competition.
Information we collect may include: name, address, contact details, date of birth, credit card particulars and drivers licence details.
We may also obtain information by cookies when you visit our website. A cookie is a small amount of information which is transferred to the hard drive of your computer which can identify your web browser but not you. If you want to, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do, you can still access our website, but not all services may be available.
To customise your user experience on our website we will provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with third-party social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest. By participating in Storepro’s promotional campaigns through these third-party social networking services, you are authorising Storepro to access and use certain information from your social network profile. You can opt-out of authorising Storepro from collecting or accessing your information when you are not using the application and you can cancel this service at any time by deleting the application from your social network account.
Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we take reasonable steps to:
- keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
- to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
Credit reporting information
Storepro also collects financial and trading information from customers in order to establish and manage business and customer relationships. This information is securely held for internal accounting and administration purposes associated with the provision of products and services (including the extension of commercial credit) to customers and in order to enhance our business relationship and level of service.
Collection of commercial credit information is undertaken only with consent. To complete an application to open an account or extend commercial credit we may ask you to provide information including your: financial position, trading history and commercial trade references.
Storepro may receive commercial credit information about you from trade referees nominated by you. Storepro may also disclose limited commercial information about you to third parties where you have nominated Storepro as a trade reference, solely to fulfil this purpose.
Commercial credit information will only be used to assess your credit worthiness. It will not be used for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider, and will not be intentionally disclosed to entities outside New Zealand.
To the extent that you are an unincorporated entity, this is personal information covered by this policy. Information about customers, which is about an identifiable person, is also personal information covered by this policy. Storepro does not have a practice of collecting or holding consumer credit information covered by the Credit Reporting Privacy Code.
Enquiries for access to or correction of commercial credit information or credit eligibility information, or complaints about the failure of Storepro to comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) or the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (if this binds Storepro), can be made as set out below under “Queries and Complaints”.
Collection and use of your personal information
We may collect information for a number of reasons, including and relating, but not limited, to:
- identify your security access to our website
- respond to queries and applications
- keep a record of our dealings with each other
- registration and administration of product warranties
- protection against fraudulent activity
- complying with legal obligations
- communication to better understand our customers’ needs and tailor services
- enhance the content of our website
By giving us information, you consent to these uses, in addition to receive marketing material you are required to opt-in via our website.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
Disclosure of personal information
Storepro recognises the trust you place in when you give us your personal information and so we will disclose personal information about you only:
- as you consent;
- to fulfill the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- for related purposes if you would reasonably expect us to use it for this; or
- in statutorily required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances.
The third parties we will typically share your personal information with include companies in our own corporate group, Storepro Waikato/BOP, authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These organisations may be involved in or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- market research;
- billing and debt collecting functions;
- website usage analysis.
Your personal information will not be sold or distributed to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or statistical analysis. Your personal information will only be used for a purpose directly related to Storepro’s business and promotion of Storepro products and services.
We will only collect sensitive information from you relating to race, ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history with your consent and only use it for the purposes for which it is provided. We do not typically collect such information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
You have a right of access to most personal information we hold about you and the right to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below.
Queries and complaints
The Privacy Officer
12 Southpark Place
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns with you. If, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner on 0800 803 909.